Skip to Main Content

Frances Fishburn Archives

Originally a steamboat landing, Parkville began to take shape when George S. Park purchased the site in 1838 and built his home on the bluffs above the Missouri River. In 1844, Park formally platted the town of Parkville and by 1850, a thriving community existed on the banks of the Missouri River. By 1877 there were general stores, a shoe store, grocery, hardware, blacksmith shop and two hotels.

Park University Library
8700 NW River Park Drive, Box 61 - Parkville, MO - 64152
Phone: (816) 584-6285
Toll-free: (800) 270-4347