Yes, the Permalink feature in the eBook Viewer makes it easy to copy a link to an eBook or chapter and insert it into Canvas pages or discussions.
To learn how to copy Permalinks in EBSCOhost, see How can I link to eBooks or eBook chapters in my syllabus or on Blackboard? on the EBSCO Support Site.
Some of the library's eBooks can be accessed through EBSCO eBooks. Follow this step-by-step guide to accessing eBooks through EBSCO eBooks.
1. From the library website homepage, select "Start Your Research."
2. Next, choose "Pirate Search."
3. Now select"eBooks" from the tabbed multisearch box.
4. Type the title of the book you're looking for into the search box, and click "search." You can also search by author or subject.
5. A new tab will open with your search results. You may need to enter your Park ID and password first. Click the title of the book you're looking for. If you did not find your book in the search results, try searching the catalog.
6. Clicking the title will open the detailed record, which will tell you a number of things about the book, including the title, author, publisher, and description. It will also describe the type of access available to the book, including any limits on page downloads, and how many people can access the book at any given time. To access the full text of the book, use the PDF, which is linked on the upper left hand side.
NOTE: The "Download" button on this page will attempt to download the book through Adobe Digital Editions, a proprietary software. To download sections of an eBook without Adobe Digital Editions, click the PDF Full Text link. The library advises users to use the PDF version over the Adobe Digital Editions version whenever possible.
7. Clicking the "PDF Full Text" button will open a PDF version of the book, which is available for unlimited viewing online and limited offline downloads. If you need to download a specific section or chapter of a book, the PDF is the best way to do this. You can search within a book for a specific word or phrase, view a table of contents, and browse within the book. To download portions of the book, click the down arrow next to the sections in the table of contents.
8. When you click the download button, you can choose to download the current page, a page range, or the current chapter.
Park University Library
8700 NW River Park Drive, Box 61 - Parkville, MO - 64152
Phone: (816) 584-6285
Toll-free: (800) 270-4347